At 00:46 a.m. on Monday, Douglas County Fire District No.2 firefighters responded to a house fire at 175 Club St in Roseburg. When crews arrived on the scene at 00:54 a.m. they found the front half of the double wide mobile home completely engulfed in flames.
First arriving fire crews concentrated their initial efforts on preventing the spread of the fire to rear of the residence, and requested addition assistance from Roseburg Fire Dept. As additional crews arrived, the fire suppression efforts expanded to protect the neighboring homes. The fire claimed the life of the resident and multiple pets.
The fire was declared under control at 01:22. Fire fighters remained on scene until 04:30 a.m. conducting mop up operations to ensure smoldering fire between the debris was completely extinguished.
A combined investigation from Douglas County Fire District No2, Roseburg Fire Department, and the Oregon State Fire Marshal’s office are on the scene this morning attempting to determine a cause.
A total of 11 firefighters responded to the scene with 4 fire engines, and 3 command units. Douglas County Sheriff’s Deputies and Pacific Power and Light personnel also assisted at the scene.
Fire Marshal Ray Shoufler states “this is a reminder to everyone how fast a fire can spread out of control so please check your smoke detector.” If you need one, stop by any of the DCFD2 fire stations and pick one up.