Shadow Ranch Lane House Fire

At 9:44 p.m. Sunday evening Douglas County Fire District No.2 was dispatched to a reported structure fire at 304 Shadow Ranch Lane.  On arrival at the scene firefighters reported the heavy smoke and flames coming from the front door and kitchen area of a manufactured home.  The owner reported that the fire began in the kitchen on the stove and quickly extended into the cupboards and the wall.

The owner and his family safely exited the house after calling 911.  The Red Cross responded to provide assistance to the family.

DCFD2 crews worked to extinguish the fire in kitchen and living room area and prevent it from spreading to the rest of the house.  The house suffered heavy smoke damage throughout.  Crews remained on the scene for a while digging through the smoldering debris to cool and remove hot spots in the kitchen and living room.

Fire investigators believe the fire started on the stove and caught materials near the stove on fire.

DCFD2 responded to this incident with 12 firefighters on 3 fire engines and 1 command unit.  They were assisted by the Red Cross, Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and Pacific Power and Light.

DCFD2 would like to remind everyone to make sure you keep combustible items away from the stove and oven elements while cooking and to make sure they are turned off when you are finished cooking.

For more home fire safety tips, visit: